Az Astru (összetett szavakban az utótagnak a csillagokkal való kapcsolatára utal) egy 2013-ban, (korábbi művésznevén Mazarine által) létrehozott egyszemélyes black metal, illetve kísérleti elektronikus "zenekar". Számtalan albuma közül csak egyetlen e.p. jelent meg egy Nagaarum-al közös split kazettán, az „...mizantrópia és elidegenedés újabb értelmezései” 2017-ben az NGC prod.-nál, de bandcamp oldalán minden anyaga elérhető.
Igen aktív, nem csak mint zenei alkotó, hanem szintén Astru néven működtetett blogján is, amit nézeteinek kifejtésére használ, ami - többek közt - együtt jár a társadalom és az emberi lét kritikájával is.
Az évek múlásával a zenéje egyre kísérletezőbbé és bátrabbá vált, sokat merítve a klasszikus, az industrial / noise és kísérleti / elektronikus zenékből. A szövegek 2015-óta kizárólag magyar nyelvűek.
- Solve et Coagula - full-length - 2013
- In the Mirror - full-length - 2014
- Monokróm - ull-length - 2015
- Pokol - full-length - 2015
- Védtelen - full-length - 2015
- Somnia - Kill Me Part 1. - EP - 2016
- Somnia - Kill Me Pt.2. - EP - 2016
- Somnia - Kill Me Part 3. - EP - 2016
- Somnia - Kill Me Part 4. - EP - 2016
- Az egy álmai - full-length - 2016
- De Vive Voix - full-length - 2016
- Sosztakovics - full-length - 2016
- Aenigma - full-length - 2016
- ...a mizantrópia és elidegenedés újabb értelmezései... - Split - 2017
- Exitus Ostendit, Quo Mundi Gloria Tendit - full-length - 2017
- Viljestyrke - full-length - 2017
- La pionnier aveugle - full-length - 2017
- Ohm - full-length - 2017
- Plexus Solaris - full-length - 2018
- Elektronika - full-length - 2018
HORTUS ANIMAEHORTUS ANIMAE – Latin for "the Garden of the Soul"
The band was formed in 1997 with the aim to go beyond the boundaries of metal and other genres. During the years the press has hazarded to shape terms like progressive black metal, prog goth black metal, avant-garde extreme metal, etc. up to even define the band style as Hortus metal. The band had the honour to share the stage with great acts like Napalm Death, Konkhra, Lacuna Coil, Ancient, Mortuary Drape and Necrodeath, among others, and also had the pleasure to work with top notch musicians such as Moonbeam of Iblis, Ecnerual of Profezia and Mourning Mist and Liv Kristine of Theatre of Tragedy / Leaves' Eyes fame, to not mention the presence in the bands ranks of drummer Grom, former of Ancient and DoomSword.
The band has been alive and kicking since 1997 and recorded 1 demo and 3 albums till they split up in 2006 and then reformed in 2014. Despite the many years of inactivity and silence the band's name always stayed in the fans' hearts and this fuelled the successful release of a commemorative boxset and a compilation album, that also convinced the band the time was ripe for their return, with the album “Secular Music”.
In 2016 the band teamed up again with Liv Kristine for the release of their new opus, the "There's No Sanctuary" maxi-EP, which has been be promoted in a tour with the German thrash legends Necronomicon.
In summer 2017 the band friendly parted ways with live drummer GL Ghöre and welcomed back Klaus Spellthrower (Blaze Bayley, Voices From Beyond, etc) and started writing new material for the next album, while preparing a further new release for early 2018: "Piove Sangue", a live album that also celebrates the 20th anniversary of the band.
- An Abode for Spirit and Flesh - demo - 1998
- The Melting Idols - full-length - 2000
- Waltzing Mephisto - full-length - 2003
- Windfall Introducing Summoning of the Muse - single - 2004
- The Blow of Furious Winds... - full-length - 2005
- Funeral Nation / 10 Years of Hortus Animae - boxed set - 2008
- Funeral Nation MMXII - ompilation - 2012
- Secular Music - full-length - 2014
- Godless Years - compilation - 2014
- There's No Sanctuary - EP - 2016
- Piove Sangue - Live in Banská Bystrica - live album - 2018
- Live at Velvet - April the 14th, 2001 - live album - 2018
Official website: hortusanimae.net
The project is the personal journey of Zoltan experimenting with guitars, synths, electronics, ambiances of small rooms, dirt of weeks, masturbation, self-harm, low-prestige jobs, long-passed relationships, misery, violence, spirals of addictions and depression and transforming of the human weakness into humble perfection.
- Mare Erythraeum - EP - 2009
- Ophitae - full-length - 2018
Since the very early years, we have been playing live on a regular basis. We have been doing club shows regularly both in Hungary and in the neighbouring / nearby countries. Moreover, we opened for bands like Crowbar, Pro-Pain, D.R.I., Vader, Napalm Death, Entombed, Merauder, or, most recently, Cataract at their local shows and played at several summer open air festivals of the region, including three appearances on the Sziget Festival, one the biggest cultural events of Europe.
From the "Tenacity" album on, our tradition was to bring out our releases ourselves. This CD has been voted best debut album at the Hungarian "HangSúly" Award. A split EP with Step On It (also from Hungary) came out in 2006. The CD was distributed for free at the bands' live shows. In fact, every release we brought out since then can be downloaded for free from our web site nadir-official.com
In early 2008, we released our next full length album ("Those Who Bought The Rain") and we won the "HangSúly" Award in the same year (best live act 2008) once again.
We brought out a split CD with Dim Vision ("Lotus Eaters") late 2009 and our latest full length ("Eco-ethic") came out in Spring 2010.
- Tenacity - full-length - 2005
- Rebellion Is Comformity / Allschool Monster Is Coming - split - 2006
- We, The Scum of the Earth - EP - 2006
- Those Who Bought the Rain - full-length - 2008
- A Visceral Experience in a Superficial World / Lotus Eaters - split - 2009
- Eco-Ethic - full-length - 2010
- The Underground Heroes - full-length - 2011
- Exitus - full-length - 2012
- A Lasting Dose of Venom - EP - 2013
- Khil - split - 2014
- Ventum Iam ad Finem Est - full-length - 2015
- The Sixth Extinction - full-length - 2017
Official website: nadir-official.com
Nagaarum represents a one-man formation, the predecessor of which started its activity in 2008 under the Pigbaloon moniker. He considers the project as a playground for his musical experiments, which he established after having completed the first album with GuilThee. Urerdo was the title of the first record released in 2011 under the Nagaarum moniker.
The project has made 15 albums and 2 splits, two of which were released by GS Production, and one with the collaboration of Endless Winter / GS Productions / Outer Line labels. Soon after the Homo Maleficus album was released as co-release of the NGC Prod and GrimmDistribution.
As far as the music is concerned, the creative work in Nagaarum’s NGC studio is not restricted to genres. In terms of style, the records span from ambient to post-rock with doom and black metal being the notable extremes. One criterion is that all music played on the album (instruments, vocals, mixing, and mastering), all lyrics, and graphic design has to be authentic and unique. Apples is Nagaarum’s 17th record.
Besides, Nagaarum was one of the editors of Fémforgács, a cult Hungarian metal webzine with a significant history. He also plays in other bands, GuilThee and In Vacuo, and performed the guitars on the Martyr Lucifer album entitled Gazing at the Flocks.
- Űrerdő - full_length - 2011
- Űrkert - full_length - 2011
- Nanoverzum - full_length - 2011
- Oort - full_length - 2012
- Oort II. - full_length - 2012
- Lombotómia - full_length - 2012
- Kuiper - Split - 2013
- Belaja tajga - full_length - 2013
- Belaja tajga 2. - full_length - 2014
- Eventvm Fatali - full_length - 2014
- Rabies Lyssa - full_length - 2014
- Gleccserek - full_length - 2015
- D.I.M. - full_length - 2016
- Pulzár - full_length - 2016
- ...a mizantrópia és elidegenedés újabb értelmezései... - Split - 2017
- Homo Maleficus - full_length - 2017
- Apples - full_length - 2018
Official website: nagaarum.com
No big story to tell. In late 2006 four high school slackers decided to form a punk band to kill time and boredom. Throughout the years our shit has mutated into something more. It's not really a music band, rather a cloud or a collective aura of attitude. We had a couple gigs, tours, did some records and made friends though. We're lucky and grateful. That's what we're about.
- Yellow Water - full-length - 2009
- River of Chaos - full-length - 2009
- God Squats Us All - full-length - 2010
- P.F.A. - Dance or Dies - split - 2011
- P.F.A. - New Dead Project - split - 2011
- Pigheart - full-length - 2012
- Broom - EP - 2014
- Army of Pigs - full-length - 2014
- Dumpster of Reality - full-length - 2017
- A Cloud of Fatt Insects... - full-length - 2018
- Colorblind - single - 2018
CONTACTE-mail: pfapunk [at] gmail [dot] com
SHEEP IN WOLVES' CLOTHING
Kickass Hungarian post punk / HC trio.
- s/t - EP - 2017
- Barefoot On Cold Floor - EP - 2017
- s/t - Barefoot On Cold Floor - Compilation - 2018
CONTACTE-mail: tomi.f.horvath [at] gmail [dot] com